This time I decided to share with you my 5 New Year’s resolutions for 2015. I usually try not to give utopian promises during the most miserable and cold time of the year. I prefer the start of my year to be in August with my birthday but this year I thought to give it a go. So here we go:
1) Support independents & independence – I admire and respect our customers who have taken the time to find us and spend their hard earned cash on our designs. Even when we were first starting out with no credentials at all.
I’ve always been a huge fan of original design and I´m always on the lookout for new, cool, unique pieces. But recently, I admit, I’ve been a lazy shopper. So my New Year’s resolution is to make an effort to buy more cool young design and not support the mass-market chains.
At the same time, I wish to push things forward at Kriss Soonik and keep making our customers smile. I want to celebrate independence and experiment more. I promise to bring you better, bolder and more fun collections.
2) Sort out my bra drawer – it’s a strange one coming from a lingerie designer. But seriously – I have abandoned the contents of the drawer because everything in there is just not comfy enough. I only live in our Silvia Bras (remember I even wore the Silvia Lace Bra at my wedding?).
So I´ve decided to go through all the fancy structured bras in my drawer and start from the beginning. Hoping to get some help from this fab article in Refinery 29 (featuring our Silvia Lace Bra).
3) Write 10 minutes every day – No wonder my favourite song at the moment is “My head is a jungle” I really need to clear my head. 10 mins seemed like a realistic & doable goal. But really the main goal? To write better content to you. Let me know in 3 months time if it has improved, or not. My email address is still firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Learn Japanese – yeah right! Although this year I will be visiting Japan quite a few times and I wish to at least learn some basic phrases (extending it from Arigato, Konnichiwa and Kawaii) to communicate with local fans on a more personal level.
5) A secret – a girl can have one, right? I promise to tell it to you when it comes true.
Happy New Year!